Electrical arcing fire hazard in the basement from malfunctioning sump pump
“We had only activated the Ting service days before, so we were surprised and somewhat alarmed when alerted to a potential electrical fire hazard in our home. The Ting Service Team contacted us, and calmly handled the situation. Ting dispatched technicians the next day; they determined the hazardous arcing signals were from our sump pump, which was failing and operating well above average temperatures. Not only did this present a potential fire hazard, but it also could have resulted in our basement flooding during wet weather. The Ting service credit covered all the labor costs associated with work to replace the sump pump. We are delighted that Ting delivered on its promise of peace of mind with early detection – preventing a potentially catastrophic fire in our home and protecting our family. What a fantastic innovation in fire safety.”
Intense electrical arcing behind wall at outlet in finished basement
“It is scary to think that we had wires inside of our wall that were arcing and could have started a fire at any time. Ting identified the hazard and the Ting electrician was able to quickly come in and fix it. My wife and I are grateful that Ting helped keep our family safe.”
Electrical arcing fire hazard above the ceiling in nursery
“The Ting Service Team contacted me because an electrical fire hazard had been identified in my home. Based on intelligence Ting had gathered, it took 10 short minutes to confirm that the hazard was in the ceiling fan/light in our baby’s bedroom. After I purchased a new ceiling fan/light unit, the Ting Service Team promptly scheduled an electrician to remove the old unit and properly install the new unit at no additional cost to me. My family and I are very grateful that Ting prevented a potentially catastrophic fire in our home.”
Electrical arcing at main power panel due to a prior home construction error
“After moving into our current home, we experienced unusual maintenance issues throughout our home. When Ting became available, I considered it an opportunity to learn a little more about our house. I never expected Ting would actually detect a potential hazard. But, after a few months of collecting data on my house, the Ting team reached out to me to address a potential hazard in my house.
Ting covered the cost of a local electrician to came in and confirm the cause of the arcing it had identified. The electrician found that I had a bad breaker in my breaker panel. When removed, it was evident the breaker was producing heat and corroding in a way that could eventually lead to a fire. I am so thankful we tried Ting. If a fire had developed in the breaker panel, it could have quickly spread to wiring throughout the house. I am amazed at the innovative step Ting is making in-home fire safety and I am grateful that it prevented a potentially catastrophic fire in my home.
I truly believe this product is just as important as smoke detectors or fire extinguishers in the home. It provides the advantage of being able to detect potential hazards before they cause a fire. It gives me peace of mind that someone is watching over parts of my house that I cannot see, to help keep my family and home safe.”
1800’s farmhouse with electrical upgrades in 1970’s – electrical arcing above ceiling
“Living in a circa 1800s farmhouse, my family and I have always been concerned about the potential for electrical hazards with our older wiring. Shortly after setting up my Ting sensor, the Ting app quickly notified me of a potential electrical fire hazard. The Ting Service team called and we quickly isolated the source of the arcing hazard to an old chandelier in our dining room. I hate to think of what this could have become if not discovered by Ting. My family and I will rest easy knowing this hazard has been fixed, and Ting will keep watch over our house going forward. Bravo Ting!”
Electrical arcing in the basement from malfunctioning sump pump
“I was very happy to learn that Ting identified the arcing from my failing sump pump. The team reached out to notify me of the issue. I was glad that it was not a fire hazard, and equally glad Ting helped me avoid the potential of a flooded basement.”
Extended power outage, backup generator power quality and notifications
“Last weekend, our area experienced severe winds, resulting in widespread power outages. My Ting unit performed perfectly while we were ‘on generator’ from Saturday morning until Sunday night. Once we got the router energized…interesting how the breaker for the router became a priority when calculating which breakers to turn on while on temporary power, along with the well pump, freezer, etc.
Anyway, the Ting unit had a side benefit…I was able for the first time to monitor the voltage and “quality” of the power coming from the generator! Very interesting to monitor when different systems in the house came on and off.
Phone notifications were flawless, every time I shut down the generator to refuel, etc., I was notified…then on Monday and Tuesday, there were a couple of 10-20 minute interruptions that I would not have known about…
My office was without power as well, I think I need a Ting unit for down here as well! You are spoiling me!”
Home power quality issues – holding power company accountable
“I wanted send a note on my experience with Ting, as I have actually been able to use this to help with the electric in our home!
We had done some renovations in our home, and that included a lot of newer electric, and redoing current wiring throughout the house. With it being a renovation in an older home, that meant that the electric box was as full as it could be.
We had a couple situations where power went out or lights/appliances flickered and we weren’t sure what that meant. We had called our electric company and they came out, but couldn’t pin point anything the box or on their wiring coming in. They thought it could be the box, but they were not sure. Once we got Ting, those situations where the power flickered happened again, but Ting was able to detect “brown outs.” Now that we had the data and proof we were able to replace our electric box (part of our original plan to do anyway) and watch the Ting data after the fact. Even after a brand new box install, we still had a couple instances of these brown outs. Working with the electrician that helped us install the box, we came to the conclusion to reach out to the electric company.
They came out, and because of Ting, we could narrow it down to the equipment on the poles and worn down wiring to our house by explaining the data and alerts we received by “speaking their language.” We are still working with them, but they have slowly started to replace items leading to our home to see if they help, but they did confirm we had a lot of outdated equipment leading to our home and meter that was on them to replace. Ting helped get that conversation started, and it’s great to be able to understand the data Ting records and quickly gain and understanding of the electric in your home.
While brown outs may not necessarily be a huge danger as some other alerts Ting offers, over time they could be. Even if someone doesn’t know much about electric, Ting makes it easy to understand the “why and how” based on the data they provide, and I think that’s a huge benefit as insured’s could get things checked on and updated without having to pay a dime like in my case.”
Electrical arcing and heat damage in wall at outlet
“We are so grateful that we purchased the Ting Service. It has repaid us many times over and protected our family and home from what could have been a horrible fire. This is amazing technology. We would recommend Ting to anyone what would like peace of mind knowing that Ting is watching over their home’s electrical system.”
Electrical arcing from failing radon pump in attic
“We had experienced a few ‘flaky’ things in our home, which was built in 2013. I was offered the opportunity to get Ting so I jumped on board to have it monitor my home’s electrical network for peace of mind – and thank goodness I did. We installed the Ting device in our home in June. After a couple of months of no issues, Ting detected a clear and present fire hazard inside the radon pump in my attic. Ting even covered the cost of getting it replaced; the Ting technician worked with our electrician to resolve the problem. Without Ting, this would likely have led to a catastrophic fire and loss of our home – or even worse. Thank you Ting! We are big believers in this device!”