How to turn Location services on with Android
To install the Ting sensor, Location Services needs to be enabled. The Ting app uses Location to add the location of your Ting sensor.
(Note: Not all Andoid devices are the same and some display settings differently. These instructions are for the Pixel 2. If these instructions are not similar to your phone, please consult your phone's manual or the manufacturer's support website.)
Instructions for the main Location Services settings
- Go to Settings
- Go to Security & location
- Click on Location
- Toggle Location Services On
- Go back to Location & choose App-level permissions
- Scroll down until you see "Ting"
- Tap the Ting app section
- Toggle the Location permissions for Ting to On
- Go back to the Ting application