Be sure to first check with your insurance provider to see if they offer Ting to their policyholders.
Ting Home Protection Service
Help protect your family from electrical fires stemming from home wiring, faulty devices/appliances, and poor power quality from your electric utility provider.
Back in Stock!
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently limiting online orders to a quantity of one per transaction. If you require more than one, please continue with this purchase, and once completed, initiate a new purchase. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ting Sensor and app
1st year of Ting monitoring service
$1,000 lifetime credit for hazard repair
Try Ting Risk-Free. Once you receive your Ting Sensor, download the Ting Sensor app and follow the prompts. Within a few minutes, you're on your way to helping prevent electrical fires across your home. The Ting Fire Safety Team is behind you 24 x 7 x 365 in the event an electrical fire hazard is detected, and our Customer Support Team is here for you if you have a question or need assistance. Read more...
With Ting, you get leading-edge science with a seamless design for a smarter, safer home.
Ting is a revolutionary smart home monitoring service that helps you protect your family and home from the most devastating type of home fire – and is based on several years of development by some of the brightest minds in atmospheric lightning and electromagnetic science.
Reduce your worry about electrical fire hazards that may develop in your electrical system and the systems and appliances you have plugged into it. As well, stop wondering if your electric utility is sending quality power into your home.
Download the Ting Sensor app and follow the instructions. Within 2 minutes, you’re on your way to helping prevent electrical fires across your home. Ting also identifies electrical utility power issues, helping you prevent device damage and other safety issues within your home and in the community.
While working to keep you safe, the companion Ting Sensor app keeps you in the know about important events. The Ting Fire Safety Team is behind you 24 x 7 x 365 in the event an electrical fire hazard is detected, and our Customer Support Team is here for you if you have a question or need assistance.
The Ting sensor is proudly designed in the U.S.A.
The Ting Sensor App is designed and built in the U.S.A.
Our Monitoring Team is entirely based in the U.S.A.
- One (1) Ting plug-in sensor¹: DIY, no professional installation required
- Companion smartphone app on iOS or Android
- 1st Year of Ting Monitoring Service (*see details below)
Note – if you received Ting through your insurance company, please refer to their program details for the length of Service
- $1,000 remediation credit
- Lifetime sensor warranty
- 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring and hazard detection for your home’s electrical system and devices connected to it
- Live Ting Agent contact in the event of a suspected electrical fire hazard
- $1,000 service credit for electrical hazard remediation – we cover the cost of repair²
- Remediation coordination by Ting Fire Safety Team and access to Ting-Certified Electrician Network
- Lifetime Ting sensor hardware warranty²
- Real-time notifications via companion app: electrical fire hazard, power outage and restoration, power sags and surges, internet outages, and more.
- *Annual monitoring service included for the first year; fee is just $49 after the first year, billed annually
Note – if you received Ting through your insurance company, this annual service fee does not apply. Please refer to your insurance company’s program details.
- The Ting Sensor is proudly UL approved3 and FCC Certified
- 30-day money-back guarantee – try Ting risk-free4
1 Most homes require only one Ting Sensor. Click here to see if you may need more than one for your home.
3 The Ting sensor has been investigated with respect to risk of fire, shock and injury to persons. UL does not investigate Ting’s efficacy or performance.
4 Terms and conditions apply, please see our return policy.
Ting is a snap to install.
What is needed:
- An available indoor outlet, preferably in a less-used part of the home. Ting will be plugged directly into the outlet.
- Broadband Internet service – required for your Ting Sensor to securely communicate with the Ting cloud servers. Learn more here about Internet requirements.
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) network access – you’ll be prompted to select your wireless network and authenticate to connect your Ting Sensor. Learn more here about Wi-Fi requirements.
- Whisker Labs Ting Sensor smartphone app downloaded to your iOS or Android phone or tablet
- Your email at the ready – a verification code will be sent to the email you specify during setup (check your spam folder if you don’t readily see it)
- No batteries (ever)
- Download the Ting Sensor app.
- Locate your desired outlet for Ting; Outlet extenders, power strips, or extension cords should not be used. Please do not plug in your Ting Sensor until prompted by the installation process in the Ting Sensor app.
- Launch the app and follow the registration and installation process – you’ll plug the Ting Sensor directly into the outlet when prompted by the app.
Refer to the Ting Manual included with your Ting Sensor, or click here to view it online.
0.050A typical, 0.120A Max (Models WL-T-3000-R04 and R05)
0.030A (Model WL-T-3000-R07)
Voltage Fluctuations: +/- 10% of nominal voltage
Overvoltage: Overvoltage Category II
Standard: Wi-Fi – 802.11b/g/n
Operating Temperature: 5C to 45C
Storage Temperature: 0C to 60C
Humidity Range: 0-80% RH
Max Altitude: 2000m
Pollution Degree: 2
4.11” x 2.23” x 1.52”, 5oz
Safety Standard: UL 61010-1
Radio: FCC, FCC ID:
Contains 2AQNW-TINGM1 (Model WL-T-3000-R04 )
Contains O7P-4343 (Models WL-T-3000-R05 and -R07)
For well over 125 years, electricity has fueled our lives. Still, it has also proven to be both mysterious and often dangerous – taking the form of silent and horrible fires that catch homeowners off guard. As it turns out, each hidden electrical fault generates unique but exceedingly tiny signals that indicate something’s not right. Up until now, these signals were largely undetectable, let alone from a simple plug-in sensor.
Our passion and our purpose were solidified by a devastating electrical fire experienced within our Whisker Labs family. Quite simply, we want to help put an end to electrical fires.
We’re thrilled about how Ting has performed for homeowners to date. However, we recognize Ting’s technology is different from other smart home technology such as video doorbells and smart thermostats. Ting is the first major development in fire safety since smoke detectors’ mass-production in the 1970s – a statement we wouldn’t be able to make if we had not created Ting to provide a very simple user experience. And one that is designed to perform for the life of your home.
- We take seriously your decision to help protect your family and home with Ting.
- Our mission is wholly focused on your safety by helping prevent the most devastating type of home fire.
- We would never share technology with homeowners if it were not proven, safe, and easy to implement. We’ve leveraged nearly two decades of research and testing into the development of Ting.
- Equally, we would never share technology that irritates. Ting expertly distinguishes between everyday ‘man-made’ arcing (motors, switches) and arcing ‘in the wild’ from true hazards – so you won’t be bothered with nuisance alarms.
- We are not in the business of selling your personal data to 3rd parties. Ting protects our homes as well – and we wouldn’t want our data shared, either.
- We are not in the business of employing your data in the service of anything outside of hazard detection, prevention, and safety.
- Important resources where you can learn more:
- Frequently-asked questions about security
- You can always expect transparency and honesty from us; we recognize we must earn your trust every day.
- Zero conflicts of interest. We are in the business of providing peace of mind, not generating referrals for contractors.
- Our Ting-certified contractor network consists of local, reputable contractors that you may recognize. This network is fully independent: there are no incentives or ‘side agreements’.
- Our contractors are well-versed on Ting and are (and must remain) in good standing with the business community and homeowners at large.
- Your service includes a credit to apply towards contractor labor should a fire hazard require a licensed electrician. Not all hazards necessitate an electrician.
- We never send a contractor without first working with you and only then, if we have your approval. Our customer testimonials highlight this key distinction.
What you'll need for Ting service in your home
service in your home
(excludes satellite, dial-up or metro Wi-Fi)
Wireless home network
for your Ting Sensor
(must be secure, open Wi-Fi is not supported)
Smartphone* to run the
Ting Sensor app
(*Apple, Android or Apple iPad)
We're confident you'll enjoy increased peace of mind with Ting. If you are unhappy with the service for any reason we will gladly issue a full refund within 30 days of service activation*
*The Ting sensor has been investigated with respect to risk of fire, shock and injury to persons. UL does not investigate Ting's efficacy or performance.
Sean Burton –
The sensor is good but this app has issues. It keeps telling me that I have notifications but there is nothing there. It also thinks that I live in a 2 story house but my house is a one story.
Joe McNulty (verified owner) –
Sean, thank you very much for sharing! We value your feedback and appreciate your thoughts. Yes, there was a bug with Android and notifications; this was addressed in a recent app update.
Regarding the home screen, the app is performing correctly. The Ting sensor does not ascertain your home’s shape or size. Importantly, the app home screen is a general representation of a residence; we designed it to provide our customers peace of mind that Ting is at work and watching over the home – regardless of its shape or construction. We are however looking at home screen user-customization in the future.
Thank you again!